Hi,

I am very newbie on Wicket. I am reading the Pro Wicket book. I want the
.java and .html page files in two different directories for obvious reasons.
I read the following in the book:

"The HTML template needs to be in the same package as the corresponding Page
class.
An internal Wicket component that is entrusted with the job of locating the
HTML markup
corresponding to a Page looks for the markup in the same place as the Page
class. Wicket
allows you to easily customize this default behavior though. ... "

I get completely lost here:

"... All user pages typically extend
Wicket’s WebPage-a subclass of Wicket’s Page class. There needs to be a
one-to-one correspondence
between the HTML elements with a wicket:id attribute and the Page
components. The
HTML template could in fact be termed as a view with the actual component
hierarchy being
described in the Page class. Wicket components need to be supplied with an
id parameter and
an IModel implementation during construction (some exceptions will be
discussed in the section
“How to Specify a CompoundPropertyModel for a Page.” The component’s id
value must
match the wicket:id attribute value of the template’s corresponding HTML
element. Essentially,
if the template contains an HTML text element with a wicket:id value of
name, then the
corresponding wicket’s TextField instance with an id of name needs to be
added to the Page
class. Wicket supplies components that correspond to basic HTML elements
concerned with
user interaction. Examples of such elements are HTML input fields of type
text, HTML select,
HTML link, etc. The corresponding Wicket components would be TextField,
DropDownChoice,
and Link, respectively. ..."

What I would like to know is in a For Dummies sort of explanation what I
have to do to be able to seperate .html and .java.

Thanks in advance.

kind regards,
nilo de roock