If you want a constant connection to the server then do choose the right
> server (that uses NIO and so on)
> because the current servlet way of thread per request is really not
> scalable then..

Do you have any recommendation about the right server?

i think you can look at Jetty or Glashfish.

All lazy delayed sessions stuff did come from 2.0 to 1.3 so 2.0 should all
> have that. Currently there are some optimizes in 1.3 that needs to be
> ported to 2.0 again. But this will happen soon.

Ok. What I still don't see clearly enough is what are the advantages of
the 2.0 stream over the 1.3. Could you give me some quick insight on what
are the major differences between the two?

java 2 does have the constructor change (parent must be given in the
constructor) So that in the constructor you have access to everything.
and java 5 support (generics) for more type safety.
And some more features but most of them are backported to 1.3 to keep the 2
streams in sync as much as possible.

johan