  _____

Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Francis
Amanfo
Gesendet: Montag, 26. März 2007 16:21
An: wicket-user@lists.sourceforge.net
Betreff: [Wicket-user] IBM to adopt Wicket as standard web framework

Hi guys,

An IBM internal memo, written and signed by product manager, Tim O'Malley,
has been leaked.
Well, to be more direct, a friend of my working with IBM leaked this to me.
In it, IBM praised Wicket as an innovative and state of the art web
framework that stands up tall against all its
competitors including JSF, Struts 2 and Tapestry. In the memo, IBM mentions
some of it's frustrations with JSF and
about Sun not listening to them during the creation of the JSF
specification. In the memo, IBM also praises the Wicket team
as very hardworking and dedicated guys and is in negotiations to employ them
into IBM and make them work on Wicket
and sell support under the umbrella of IBM.
The memo also goes further to announce IBM's plans to integrate Wicket into
it's JEE offerings. To be more specific,
Wicket would be Integrated into RAD 8 as the default Web framework, which it
plans to release in the fourth quater of this year.
The memo also states IBM's plans to create widgets, which it plans to market
under the label WICKED Widgets, of all
the standard Wicket components and enable drag and drop development in RAD
8. It would also make WICKED© widgets standalone for separate downloads.
The official announcement of this was planned for April 1, 2007, but because
this falls on Sunday, the
announcement is scheduled for April, 2 2007.

There is a link to this memo but is currently available only on IBM's
internal network, which of course is closed
to the public.

I personally think this is a great news. It will grow Wicket's adoption
exponentially, which is of course a good
thing for the community and give Wicket a high status in the web framework
community. In addition, our diligent, humble
and hardworking Wicket core developers would be rewarded.

So join me rejoice about the greatest news so far for the Wicket community.

Regards,
Francis
--
Beware of bugs in the above code;
I have only proved it correct, not tried it.