Let's say I've created a Layout and corresponding Java classes for the
following page

------------------
| Header         |
------------------
|      |         |
| Menu | Content |
|      |         |
------------------
| Footer         |
------------------

Each section is implemented by a separate wicket Panel derived class in
Java. The page itself is implemented by a derivative of wicket's WebPage
class in the usual manner.

Now I use variations and so I can have lots of different markup for the
single set of classes detailed above.

I want to be able to have the flexibility to leave the header out in
certain markup variations without wicket generating an error because the
page tries to add the header component.

Is there a way to create the markup so I can do this without explicitly
telling the Page not to load the header component?