On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 07:59 +0200, Juergen Donnerstag wrote:
> You know that you can remove all tag from output, do you? To remove
> <wicket:xx> is simply a matter of settings and all other tags (e.g.
> and not output anything.

Sure, I guess that would work for embedding panels into the text-only
page.

However, the body of the text must not have any tags and the mime-type
header must be "text/plain".

So, subclassing WebPage would not work, and even if it did, it seems to
be that it would be a bad hack that breaks the wicket model.

I am therefore subclassing Page with a PlainTextPage class, which seems
to be more appropriate.

Trying what you suggest above gives me:

  java.text.ParseException: Malformed tag

My ".plain" file is of the form:

******
<tag wicket:id="test">test</tag>
plain text goes here
******

If I try to insert a component, I get the above error. I tried with this
in my java file:

  add( new ExternalLink( "test", "test.html" ) );

Cheers,
Dave