Also remember to have the wicket source code attached to
your IDE (easy with e.g. mvn -Declipse.downloadSources=true
eclipse:eclipse or idea:idea), and to have wicket-examples
project open in another IDE window. With this + working on a
real live project and with a little help from my friends and
these mailing lists, I've been getting on pretty well.
Anyway learning to use any framework is more about solving
real problems by coding on it than reading stuff.

I also subscribe to the user, dev and commits mailing lists
and try to read the messages at least cursorily. The most
problematic things (such as working with models :)) come up
a lot and often with realistic examples.

--
Timo Rantalaiho
Reaktor Innovations Oy    <URL: http://www.ri.fi/ >