i am -1 on this

first of all there are already too many exception to this: it wont work if
its a wrap model, it wont work if its icomponentassignedmodel, blah blah
blah.

if i construct my component with new Component("id", foo) and foo is not
null then it is very clumsy that sometimes in the auth strategy it is all of
a sudden null and other times is not even though the exact same line is
executing. i bet a lot of people will be filing bug reports.

also i really wish we would limit passing around instances of not fully
constructed objects to users. we already do it in some places where it is
very strictly necessary, but we should not do this lightly.

i do not wish something like this introduced just to make maurice's life a
little easier, sorry maurice nothing personal.

-igor