This issue is ultimately stemming from a specific issue I encountered during
my trials and tribulations in
http://www.nabble.com/How-to-get-HTML-source-code-from-a-wicket-page-tf3968790.html#a11548230
this thread , but it was getting buried a bit in the rest of the thread...I
figured I'd ask with a more specific title.

Essentially, I'm trying to use WicketTester to hit a page in order to get
the page's final rendered HTML (so I can use it in an email). It works, but
within the process the object in RequestCycle.current disappears for some
reason. The initial page that is being processed explodes. Is there
something I can do to prevent this? I tried instantiating a new
WebRequestCycle, but it resulted in an infinite loop (perhaps I constructed
it poorly, though)...

A snippet:

class SomePage extends WebPage {
  public SomePage() {
    CaptureApplication app = new CaptureApplication();
    WicketTester tester = new WicketTester(app);
    tester.startPage(AnotherPage.class);

    //Everything's fine through here...but after...ASSPLODE!
  }

  class CaptureApplication extends WebApplication {
    public Class getHomePage() {
      return null;
    }

    protected IRequestCycleProcessor newRequestCycleProcessor() {
      return new InterceptingCycle();
    }

    class InterceptingCycle extends WebRequestCycleProcessor {
      public void respond(RequestCycle requestCycle) {
        StringResponse emailResponse = new StringResponse();
        WebResponse originalResponse = (WebResponse)
RequestCycle.get().getResponse();
        RequestCycle.get().setResponse(emailResponse);

        super.respond(requestCycle);

        System.out.println(emailResponse.toString());

        RequestCycle.get().setResponse(originalResponse);