Hi,

I am trying to try Wicket, but having trouble to build a sample application
using version 1.3.
I know this is still beta, but as there are tons of changes between 1.2.x
and 1.3, I want to start with the new one.

I downloaded the beta2 version, but cannot easily create a starter project.
There is some artifact to build an initial project:
    archetypes/quickstart
but following the archetypes/README.txt file does not work.

I try to build wicket from trunk (just checked out from repository):
   mvn install  (or 'mvn mackage')
but I only get exceptions:

c:\projectsWicket\wicket-trunk>mvn package
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[INFO]
Project ID: org.apache.wicket:wicket-jdk14:pom:null
Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.wicket:wicket-parent for project:
org.apache.wicket:wicket-jdk14:pom:null for project
org.apache.wicket:wicket-jdk14:pom:null

I tried to search for some tutorial on how to build 1st project in 1.3, but
found none.
Yes, there are many statements how exciting framework it is, but no real
help.

What I need is just the initial info, then all these FAQs, mailing lists,
etc. will be the source of info for me.
But I searched it for info about starting - no info found.
Even the 'quickstart' project
(http://wicket.sourceforge.net/wicket-quickstart) is updated to work with
Wicket 1.2 only.

I know I may look at the examples in 1.3, and build something by hand, copy
all JAR files, etc. But since maven is used in the core of Wicket, why can't
I simply use maven to do that for me? I cannot find info that would work in
READMEs, in wiki, in blogs or in older tutorials (outdated now).

I am using JDK 6.0, maven 2.0.7, eclipse 3.3
Any hint on how to create a simple project, using maven, that will open in
Eclipse?

Best regards
Darek