> Well, it's just the same as initializing numbers to 0 - cppcheck is
> complaining, so I'm trying to get rid of that noise in the report.

That would be wrong though - plain old datatypes (POD) are not initialized in
cpp, so numbers are indeed a random value if not properly initialized.
std::string is a class, not a POD though so its constructor is always run. If
cppcheck complains about this it would be wrong. I wonder if it is worthwhile
to clutter the code with unnecessary (and for std::string even slightly
decremental) changes to appease the tool.

--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-986611-cppcheck-uninitialized-variables/+merge/326256
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch