Thanks for adding the test. The code is looking good, but for me the test fails:

Error in Lua Coroutine
[../src/scripting/lua_errors.cc:22] [string
"test/maps/plain.wmf/scripting/test_inputqueue..."]:9: expected '8' but was '7'!

I think the problem is that the barracks starts working immediately, consuming
one carrier while doing so.
Possible fixes would be either to stop the barracks (is that even possible by
script?) or connecting it to the headquarter (should stop the barracks since
there already are enough soldiers on store).
--
https://code.launchpad.net/~widelands-dev/widelands/bug-1795871-lua-set_workers/+merge/357716
Your team Widelands Developers is subscribed to branch