Hi, all

I have some questions about the orbital dependent potential.
To optimize Ge’s volume, I’ve heard that LDA+U needs to be applied.
So I want to set the input file “.inorb”
I had put the values that are related with orbital into the input
file “.inorb”.

I know that peripheral electrons in Ge are
at 4st shall. (n=4)
So 4s and 4p are considered to be applied.

1 2 0 1 ; natom nlorb lorb
0.xxx 0 ; U J

And now, the energy Ueff is the problem
I had read the “Notes about constraint LDA
calculations to determine U by G. Madsen and P. Novak.”<span lang="EN-US"
style="font-family:
&quot;Times New Roman&quot;,serif">
But..
unfortunately I couldn’t understand it.
How
can I easily get the value of U for Ge on orbital dependent potential?
If any further information is needed, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Yongbeom Cho.