Dear Wien2k users,

I have a question about the Fermi-contact fields printed at the HFFnnn labels in the scf file.

Back in 2010 Peter Blaha advised in this mailing list that the Fermi-contact interaction can be underestimated at least for 3d-metals like Fe by 10 - 20% [www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg02201.html] and Pavel Novak indicated that in his opinion it might be difficult to correct this misbehaviour by some suitable local or semi-local Vxc [www.mail-archive.com/wien@zeus.theochem.tuwien.ac.at/msg03011.html].

Since this was pre-NMR-package and at the beginning of hybrids I wonder wether the situation has improved in the meantime? The NMR-package as I understand it calculates shielding current distributions so I don't expect it improves on Fermi-contact fields - is that correct? And is there a way to get improved values from hybrids that I am unaware of?

Best regards,

Martin Pieper

--
Dr. Martin Pieper