Dear Prof. Blaha and Marks,

Thank you for your comments and suggestions.

Looking at the SRC_orb/main.f, orb seems to read potential files to mix with old vorb files.

William

Le 17/01/2018 à 08:03, Peter Blaha a écrit :
Just a few comments:

In many posts to this topic I saw the   -c  switch. This is not necessary and prone to errors. Don't use   -c . It will be done automatically.

I think, the orb program reads   case.dmat* files, and produces case.vorb* files. It is not reading  vorb files.
And it does read the complex part !!!

And third:    the vorb* potential should be applied only once.

It can be done in   x lapw1 -orb -up/dn      OR in
                    x lapwso -orb -up
but not in both.

Application in lapwso also includes cross terms between spin-up and dn, while in lapw1 it excludes them.

When reporting differences between wien2k_16 and 17, you have to find out, what causes these differences. a) compare case.vorbup/dn in both cases. Are they the same/similar ? In particular with respect to symmetry (+m and -m terms symmetric ???)
b) run lapwso of 17 with vorbs of 16 and vice versa.

If nothing helps, send me your struct file + some details (inputs) and I'll check it myself.

Peter