Great! How can we meet there?

________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GerardM
        Sent: July 28, 2007 1:13 PM
        To: Research into Wikimedia content and communities
        Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] Question
        
        
        Hoi,
        I will be at Wikimania .. and give https://mined2mind.com/portal/ a try 
.. i will be happy to explain what it is all about at Wikimania
        Thanks,
            GerardM
        
        NB for the information of transtlators, OmegaT does support the reading 
of a MediaWIki text as a start for a translation.. :)
        
        
        On 7/28/07, Desilets, Alain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 

                I can't really help you with that, but I am interested in 
learning more about why you are doing this.
                 
                I am doing some research on multilingual wiki and the use of 
wikipedia as a terminological database:
                 
                Translation the Wiki Way:
                http://iit-iti.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca/publications/nrc-48736_e.html 
                 
                

                Making WikiMedia resources more useful for translators

                http://wikimania2007.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proceedings:AD1 
                 
                Will you be at WikiMania next week? If so, will you be 
attending the Hacking Day Extra? There are a number of people who will be there 
who are interested in  multilngual related wiki stuff.
                 
                Best regards,
                 
                
                

                ----
                Alain Désilets, National Research Council of Canada
                Chair, WikiSym 2007
                
                2007 International Symposium on Wikis
                Wikis at Work in the World:
                Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century
                
                http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/
                
                


________________________________

                        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On 
Behalf Of Tatiana Mitrokhina
                        Sent: July 28, 2007 5:52 AM
                        To: [email protected]
                        Subject: [Wiki-research-l] Question
                        
                        
                        
                        Hello dear Wikipedians,
                         
                        my name is Tatiana.  I've installed German and English 
wikipedia locally and tried to find out, how the Tables "Page" and "Langlinks" 
in the database are connected. Do you know, how it functions?
                        I've made some attemts to get at least a title of the 
article and correcponding titles of it in other languages.
                        So I took  a piece of XML dump (German):
                        - <page> 
                        <title>Actinium</title> 
                        <id>3</id> 
                        - <revision> 
                        <id>27364210</id> 
                        <timestamp>2007-02-04T20:15:45Z</timestamp> 
                        - <contributor> 
                        <username>PortalBot</username> 
                        <id>146374</id> ...
                        And the numerous "id"s ...didn't let me to  get the 
result. 
                        The matter is:
                        In the table "page" page_title is Actinium and page_id 
is "1368".
                        In the table "langlinks" ll_from  is "3"
                        In XML  <title>Actinium</title>  <id>3</id> .
                        As far as I understand from the scheme of the DB table 
"langlinks" is connencted only to "page" table , but how? How page_id= 1368 
turns to ll_from=3 and in XML id= 3.
                         
                        I would appreciate your help greatly.
                         
                        Tatiana
                         
                         
                         

                        

________________________________

                        Heute schon einen Blick in die Zukunft von E-Mails 
wagen? Versuchen Sie´s mit dem neuen Yahoo! Mail 
<http://de.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40591/*http://de.docs.yahoo.com/ymail/landing.html> 
. 

                        


                _______________________________________________
                Wiki-research-l mailing list
                [email protected] 
                http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
                
                


_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l

Reply via email to