You and I should DEFINITELY talk!
 
My presentation is about evaluating and improving wiki resources (WikiPedia, 
Wiktionary, OmegaWiki) for the needs of translators. 
 



----
Alain Désilets, National Research Council of Canada
Chair, WikiSym 2007

2007 International Symposium on Wikis
Wikis at Work in the World:
Open, Organic, Participatory Media for the 21st Century

http://www.wikisym.org/ws2007/


 


________________________________

        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GerardM
        Sent: July 29, 2007 4:28 PM
        To: Research into Wikimedia content and communities
        Cc: Sabine Cretella
        Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] Question
        
        
        Hoi,
        As an apetizer, http://www.omegawiki.org/Meta:Wikiproteins is what I 
will talk about ... I only have half an hour for my presentation.. So I think 
there will be much to talk about outside of the presentation :) I will also 
talk for an hour about language related stuff.. this is where I will mention 
OmegaT supporting MediaWiki translations. There are plans to go beyond what is 
currently on offer; when the API for writing to MediaWiki is available, we want 
to include this as well. Also we have dreams about recognizing the domain of a 
text that is to be translated and provide a dictionary for translators 
optimized for the domain... We have progressed in this direction.. we are not 
there yet. 
        Thanks,
            GerardM
        
        
        On 7/29/07, Desilets, Alain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: 

                BTW: If there are any OmegaWiki people on this list who plan to 
be at WikiMania, I'd love to meet you guys.
                 
                Alain


________________________________

                        From: Desilets, Alain 
                        Sent: July 29, 2007 3:50 PM
                        To: 'Research into Wikimedia content and communities'
                        Cc: Sabine Cretella
                        Subject: RE: [Wiki-research-l] Question
                        
                        
                        Thx for the pointers Sabine and Gerard. But I still 
can't figure out those instructions.
                        
                         
                        > [8:51:36 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: first drop down 
menu 
                         
                        When I go to OmegaWiki, what I see is the attached 
screen shot.
                         
                        Where is the "first drop down menu" in that picture?
                        
                         
                         
                        > [8:51:48 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: once the project 
is created you say
                        > [8:52:11 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: project/import 
from mediawiki
                        > [8:52:18 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: and you provide 
the link 
                        
                         
                        Presumably once I have found the "first drop down 
menu", the rest will be apparent right?
                         
                         


________________________________

                                From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL 
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GerardM
                                Sent: July 29, 2007 2:54 PM
                                To: Research into Wikimedia content and 
communities
                                Cc: Sabine Cretella
                                Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] Question
                                
                                
                                Hoi,
                                I had to ask how it works, and I asked Sabine 
Cretella who is with the OmegaT project (as well as so many other projects :) )
                                Thanks,
                                     Gerard
                                
                                
                                
                                [8:51:43 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: you first 
have to creat a project
                                [8:51:48 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: once the 
project is created you say
                                [8:52:11 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: 
project/import from mediawiki
                                [8:52:18 PM] Sabine Cretella zegt: and you 
provide the link 
                                
                                
                                
                                On 7/29/07, Desilets, Alain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote: 

                                        I looked around OmegaW and could not 
find this feature. Can you give me an idea of where to find it?
                                         
                                        Thx.
                                         
                                        Alain 


________________________________

                                        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL 
PROTECTED] On Behalf Of GerardM
                                        Sent: July 29, 2007 1:10 PM
                                        To: Research into Wikimedia content and 
communities
                                        Subject: Re: [Wiki-research-l] Question
                                        
                                        
                                        
                                        Hoi,
                                        It is an option in a menu, what you 
have to do is provide the URL.
                                        Thanks,
                                            GerardM
                                        
                                        
http://www.omegat.org/omegat/omegat.html 
                                        
                                        
                                        On 7/29/07, DaBuum <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 
wrote: 

                                        Hi GerardM,
                                        
                                        >       From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 
                                        [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ] On Behalf 
Of GerardM
                                        >       Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 
7:13 PM
                                        >
                                        >       NB for the information of 
transtlators, OmegaT does support the
                                        reading of a MediaWIki text as a start 
for a translation.. :) 
                                        
                                        Do you have some more information about 
this topic? How to get MediaWiki
                                        text in OmegaT?
                                        
                                        Regards,
                                        Bene
                                        
                                        
                                        
_______________________________________________
                                        Wiki-research-l mailing list
                                        [email protected]
                                        
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
                                        



                                        
_______________________________________________
                                        Wiki-research-l mailing list
                                        [email protected] 
                                        
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
                                        
                                        



                _______________________________________________
                Wiki-research-l mailing list
                [email protected] 
                http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l
                
                


_______________________________________________
Wiki-research-l mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wiki-research-l

Reply via email to