As I have mentioned earlier, this is not the first work on article
generation. This is one of the first work we know:
https://people.csail.mit.edu/csauper/pubs/sauper-sm-thesis.pdf
https://people.csail.mit.edu/regina/my_papers/wiki.pdf
All these did not mention anything about human subjects as finally no
personal information is used (about the person, who is deleting, etc). Nor
did any reviewers/attendees in the conferences in this area question on
this aspect.
Also,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2015-01-28/Recent_research
is relevant here as it talks about our previous work.

if "record of someone doing something" is relevant from human subjects
point of view, any data on Wikipedia can be used to find the editors (if
not the real person). For example:
https://www.aaai.org/ocs/index.php/AAAI/AAAI11/paper/viewFile/3505/3968
https://alchemy.cs.washington.edu/papers/wu08/wu08.pdf
I have met several researchers who work using data (revisions from
Wikipedia) and nothin on IRB ever came up.

Nevertheless, as I said, if there are concrete rules, I think it would help
the research community as a whole to know what can or cannot be done and
also ask for permissions.
I appreciate the suggestions that Stuart mentioned in a previous email abut
experimenting on would be deleted or articles lacking sources. But, as of
now we are not planning anything and if we do, we would for sure get in
touch with Denny (who had a video chat with me before starting this thread)
and would try to know the best ways of doing it.

I have asked my PhD advisor (other author on the paper) to check this
thread and he will be able to give more inputs as I am not very qualified
to comment on these aspects.

Thanks,
Sidd