That really depends on how you define 'gamification'. To me, the
gamification is not the leaderboards, but exactly the elements you
mention - the splitting of the whole into simple microtasks plus
giving out those microtasks to users for a large part at random. In
fact, I usually play the 'distributed' version of the wikidata game,
and as far as I know there is no scoring or leaderboard there at all,
but I would still say the whole is gamified.

Andre Engels

André Engels, andreeng...@gmail.com