Hi Jan,

This paper may be useful in answering some of your questions:
O. Arazy, H. Lifshitz-Assaf, O. Nov, J. Daxenberger, M. Balestra, and C.
Cheshire. On the “how” and “why” of emergent role behaviors in Wikipedia
<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Oded_Nov/publication/307863823_On_the_How_and_Why_of_Emergent_Role_Behaviors_in_Wikipedia/links/57d953e508ae6399a39ad124.pdf>.
Proceedings of CSCW 2017: ACM Conference on Computer-Supported Cooperative
Work.

Oded