Hi all,

I've started working on a paper with folks who ran a fascinating project
called "Wikipedia Primary School" [1] where they investigated different
mechanisms or models for eliciting and developing Wikipedia content that
was relevant to the South African national primary school curriculum. We
are currently writing a paper that assesses each of the different types of
"interventions" that were tested/tried out in trying to fill in these gaps
- including editathons, contests and collaborations with scientific
journals. It seems as though there are a host of different types of models
that are used to fill in Wikipedia's gaps beyond the original "volunteer
edits what interests them in their spare time" model (e.g. Wikipedians in
residence, editing Wikipedia as part of class assignments). If anyone has
any good references to work already undertaken in this area please let me
know!

Many thanks,
Heather.

[1] https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_Primary_School