A few extra notes:

On Wikidata we have P4419 for VideoLectures. There are only 47 linked at the moment.

SELECT ?item ?itemLabel ?url WHERE {
  ?item wdt:P4419 ?videolectures .
  BIND(URI(CONCAT('http://videolectures.net/', ?videolectures)) AS ?url)
SERVICE wikibase:label { bd:serviceParam wikibase:language "[AUTO_LANGUAGE],en". }
}

https://query.wikidata.org/#SELECT%20%3Fitem%20%3FitemLabel%20%3Furl%20WHERE%20%7B%0A%20%20%3Fitem%20wdt%3AP4419%20%3Fvideolectures%20.%0A%20%20BIND%28URI%28CONCAT%28%27http%3A%2F%2Fvideolectures.net%2F%27%2C%20%3Fvideolectures%29%29%20AS%20%3Furl%29%0A%20%20SERVICE%20wikibase%3Alabel%20%7B%20bd%3AserviceParam%20wikibase%3Alanguage%20%22%5BAUTO_LANGUAGE%5D%2Cen%22.%20%7D%0A%7D

For KDD 2010 at http://videolectures.net/kdd2010_washington/ the three invited talks have 1500 views (I do not know what a VideoLectures "view" is, whether it is a complete view or just starting the video).

An opportunity with videos on Commons is to describe them on Wikidata so that they can be queried with the Wikidata Query Service and become more discoverable. We have recently started to add handling of events to Scholia https://tools.wmflabs.org/scholia/. It would be interesting to include videos to the Scholia pages describing scientific meetings.

Encouraging conference speakers to upload screencast could be another possibility.

I wonder if there is any statistics on Wikimedia Commons video views?

As a P.S.: I find it interesting that videos can be reused out of context, e.g., Wikinews videos on Korean matters were reused on the page on Robert Kelly: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kelly_(political_analyst)

Finn Årup Nielsen
http://people.compute.dtu.dk/faan/