It's not 50 out of 13000.  It's 50 out of 200.  That's 3250 out of 13000.  I
am a large fan of the welcome followed by a personal message.  If you edit
one of the wikis I contribute to, you are guaranteed that.  An interesting
side-note: many wikis that don't send welcomes turned off the automated tool
anyway.  They're just not friendly.  It has nothing to do with the effort
required.

As for automating more tasks, I can't and wouldn't stop you, but I can
predict that people who take pride in performing those tasks will be
offended while some others will be annoyed for no reason.  I assure you that
I personally mean no offense at all.  What you are doing is great where it
is needed.  The problem is size of the elsewhere.

//masterConjurer