Bug ID: 62308
           Summary: Attempting to use OAuth for a SUL wiki where you do
                    not have a user account causes 500 Internal Server
           Product: MediaWiki extensions
           Version: unspecified
          Hardware: All
                OS: All
            Status: NEW
          Severity: normal
          Priority: Unprioritized
         Component: OAuth
       Web browser: ---
   Mobile Platform: ---

I noticed this today while putting together a quick and dirty tool to do a
search on all wikis (using OAuth mostly because I could reuse my class). When
the script came to certain wikis it wasn't getting a legitimate response back
which at first I thought was just intermittent or I wasn't skipping closed
wikis correctly.

After some troubleshooting I realized I was getting a '500 Internal Server
Error' message back instead for those wikis and after checking a couple
realized it was the 2 dozen or so wikis where I didn't yet have a local
account. Obviously fixing that was easy (I clicked over to those wikis, my
account auto created, and I ran the search again) this doesn't seem to be how
we want the process to go.

For closed/fishbowl/private wikis I get a relatively nice json response saying
that I don't have an account there which works well. I guess, at least, sending
a message like that here would be nice. I would prefer, however, that it just
auto created the account as if I was 'visiting' for the first time since I kind
of am just in the form of my oauth token. My working assumption (based on no
real information and just on the symptoms) is that the wiki doesn't return a
'no account found' error because it hits a snag when it finds my oAuth
information in the centralWiki but doesn't find my local user account and so
'freaks out' and throws an error.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
You are on the CC list for the bug.
Wikibugs-l mailing list

Reply via email to