Addshore added a comment.

So, I'm still getting a bit confused by why "varnish" comes up in your first error output and trying to work out how that fits into the equation?
Was that exact log message on AWS? Do you have a varnish instance setup somewhere? Is this AWS instance publicly accessible so that I can make a request to it?

When the image is running on a computer connected to a LAN that supports ipv6 or when the docker image is running on a cloud image (e.g. Amazon's ec2) I am not able to run a bot against it.

How are you setting up the container? Are you using docker compose? Could you paste the snippet of the docker compose file you are using for the container?

By default the base php-apache image only exposes port 80

$ docker inspect fa58d7d387a3 |grep -A 5 ExposedPorts
            "ExposedPorts": {
                "80/tcp": {}
            },
            "Tty": false,
            "OpenStdin": false,
            "StdinOnce": false,

Perhaps the mediawiki image beneath the wikibase image should also expose port 443? I'm not really sure what other images do, but looking at wordpress, they also only expose port 80 here.

If the image / wikibase needs to behind https then either you need to setup a proxy which i think is half described in https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42901014/wordpress-inside-docker-container-behind-nginx-proxy-with-ssl for wordpress.
Or you can alter the apache setup in the wikibase container to also listen on port 443, and have ssl and https setup and expose the new port.

I am not able to run a bot against it

What bot code are you trying to run? Perhaps it is actually an issue with the bot?


TASK DETAIL
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T184274

EMAIL PREFERENCES
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/settings/panel/emailpreferences/

To: Addshore
Cc: Addshore, Aklapper, Andrawaag, Wikidata-bugs
_______________________________________________
Wikidata-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikidata-bugs

Reply via email to