A very interesting discussion. Some general answers to this are:

* Wikidata does, of course, not intend to implement complex reasoning (or any other algorithm that qualifies as "complex").

* If useful for serving its requirements, Wikidata will not exclude modelling features just because they are also supported in OWL ;-) For example, it could be useful to say that Wikidata item describes the same as an external resource, which can be done in OWL using sameAs. Many communities could use this for integrating Wikidata information with other Web databases.

* The "reasoning" support in Wikidata will not in general limit the modelling support in Wikidata: it might be possible to say something that has a formal meaning in OWL, even if this formal meaning is not relevant for query answering in Wikidata (sameAs with external resources is a possible example, since Wikidata would surely not pull data from these sources for internal query answering).

* Wikidata will support various export formats, which have more or less native support for certain modelling features. We will use whatever expressivity is available in the given format to describe the Wikidata information as accurately as possible. This might again lead to some OWL constructs being used in RDF/OWL exports. All Wikidata content will have a formal meaning, and we will draw from existing experience and standards for defining this so that it is as widely compatible as possible.

In summary, it is not about endorsing or rejecting a particular ontology language. We will be open and inclusive with what we support, and user requirements will be the main guideline for defining "what can be said" in the system.

Best regards,

Markus