On 15.11.2012 20:06, Helder . wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 9:50 PM, Marco Fleckinger
> <marco.fleckin...@wikipedia.at> wrote:
>> (...)
>> First of all the priority lies on data already present on Wikipedia.
>> Wikidata should not be a data storage for everything structured in the
>> world, so we should first start to transfer data already present on
>> Wikipedia to Wikidata.
>> (...)
> Wouldn't that kind of transfer be a violation of the CC-BY-SA license
> used on Wikipedia, considering it is not compatible[1] with CC0?

If the data is actually copyrightable, then yes. Facts as such are not
copyrightable. But if there was a bot transferring stuff from infoboxes, it
should at least check for any actual text (e.g. long values with spaces), and
not transfer it, because of license reasons.

-- daniel

--
Daniel Kinzler, Softwarearchitekt