Am 21.06.2013 14:44, schrieb Gerard Meijssen:
> Hoi,
>
> Denny, when you look at the data currently in Wikidata, you find what is in
> essence more than a basis for a translation dictionary.

I would say it's excellent as a thesaurus which can be used for cross-lingual
tagging, named entity recognition, topic detection, and similar NLP tasks.

For literature grade translations, that is, for a true dictionary, I believe
that you need to full range of nuances attached to each word and each word
sense, which is distinct from the platonic concepts described by data items.

-- daniel