On Fri, Sep 5, 2014 at 3:37 AM, Jeroen De Dauw <jeroended...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
>> > Good to know, up till now I thought wikibase was still a mediawiki
>> > extension :s
>>
>> It is. But it consists of several components by now, some of which are
>> independent of MediaWiki.
>

> I don't agree with that use of the terminology. The website defines it as
> follows: "Wikibase is a collection of applications and libraries for
> creating, managing and sharing structured data."
>
> This includes Wikibase Repository and Wikibase Client, both of which are
> MediaWiki extensions.

But it is easy to build a client application which uses Wikibase data
using without any mediawiki component. e.g. pure rdf / json data
extraction.

Great website.  I'm looking forward to contributing to it via github..
A bit different, but a idea worth trialling. ;-)

It would be nice to add a copy of the content pages to mediawiki.org,
to allow easier editing by people who arn't git savvy.  I'd be happy
to help manually bridge mediawiki edits over to github, and help
automate that.

--
John Vandenberg