Hoi,
I regularly query for for instance claim[31] ie any instance of whatever...
I would also query for the existence of a date of death in a similar way.
for me a claim with a "whatever it is that says that there is no value"
would be a positive result and I would not consider it for any processing.

It is fine that RDF does whatever, it is not what we use on a day to day
basis with Wikidata. Consequently what RDF does has no practical
implication for me.
Thanks,
       GerardM