Hi!

> My point is that it is not a given that we should follow any WIkipedia
> for anything. Also the point of romanisation of Russian is not for the
> benefit of Russian speakers, it is for the speakers of English.

Same people may speak more than one language. And for English speakers,
letters like š or č are not the most familiar either. Moreover, mismatch
between Wikipedia and Wikidata would only confuse people - is Shchedrin
and Ščedrin the same last name or different one? How does one look up
for it? I think departing from commonly used way would just add
confusion and not really help people, neither experienced nor new.

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org