Output from Special:EntityData is cached for 31 days. Looking at the code, it
seems we are not automatically purging the web caches when an entity is edited -
please file a ticket for that. I think we originally decided against it for
performance reasons (there are quite a few URLs to purge for every edit), but I
suppose we should look into that again.

You can force the cache to be purged by setting action=purge in the request.
Note that this will purge all serializations of the entity, not just the one
requested.

-- daniel

Am 29.02.2016 um 22:02 schrieb Markus Krötzsch:
> Hi,
>
> I found that Special:EntityData returns outdated JSON data that is not in
> agreement with the page. I have fetched the data using wget to ensure that no
> browser cache is in the way. Concretely, I have been looking at
>
> https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:EntityData/Q17444909.json
>
> where I recently changed the P279 value from Q217594 to Q16889133. Of course,
> this might no longer be a valid example when you read this email (in case the
> cache gets updated at some point).
>
> Is this a bug in the configuration of the HTTP (or other) cache, or is this
> the
> desired behaviour? When will the cache be cleared?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Markus

Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.