Hi Léa,

Sorry, my question was not very clear. Let us take the example of
creating a new statement on an item. This can be done with wbeditentity
but also with other actions such as wbcreateclaim or wbsetclaim.

Is there any plan to reuse the summaries of these latter actions when
creating a single claim via wbeditentity, rather than the current
uninformative one?

Broadly speaking, this is something that could be done for all wb*
actions whose result can also be achieved via wbeditentity. This does
not even require designing new summary messages (as they already exist,
they are just not used by wbeditentity yet as far as I am aware).

This would allow clients such as Wikidata-Toolkit to always use
wbeditentity, no matter what sort of edit they are doing, and still get
informative edit summaries.

Currently, Wikidata-Toolkit has a fairly complicated logic [1] to choose
which API action to use depending on the sort of edit. It would
intuitively make sense to push that logic in Wikibase itself, so that it
could benefit others.

Cheers,
Antonin

[1] :