Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2015 22:51:07 +0800
From: gnanga...@gmail.com
To: common...@lists.wikimedia.org
CC: wikidata@lists.wikimedia.org
Subject: Re: [Commons-l] [Wikidata] Trends in links from Wikidata items to
Commons

the problem I see is that commons will always have more  categories than
wikipedia can have  articles take fences, commons has wooden fences this broken
into many cats including wooden fences in a country, this then grows and then
gets broken into sub national entities while the number of articles on
wikipedia remains at one commons now has 196 country articles with anything
between 5 and 50 sub national entities, then some idiot paints his fence now we
have wooden fences by colour in a little over 3000 pantone colours....

What I'm seeing here is solution that has the horse pushing the cart problem
lies not in linking commons cats to wikipedia articles wikidata but in ensuring
wikidata articles are linked to the full range of categories available on
commons and that those links can be easily adjusted as necessary