Hi!

> We've finally done all the groundwork for unit support. I'd love for
> you to give the first version a try on the test system here:
> http://wikidata.beta.wmflabs.org/wiki/Q23950

This is awesome, congratulations to Wikidata team on this milestone!

> There are a few known issues still but since this is one of the things
> holding back Wikidata I made the call to release now and work on these
> remaining things after that. What I know is still missing:

Looking at it, I also notice one has to edit to get from the unit label
to its entity. I wonder if it's possible to make it easier in the UI to
get to the entity of the unit and see its URL.

Also, is there any work/planning around marking standard units with
specific properties and establishing classes (i.e. measures of length,
weight, etc.) which can be considered convertible? If we want to be able
to run queries against quantities with units (and I think we do, don't
we?) then we would need to figure out the common basis at least for
common units. I wonder if it's tracked somewhere?

--
Stas Malyshev
smalys...@wikimedia.org