Charlie wrote her thesis on how you could integrate Wikidata in Wikipedia,
specifically on Infoboxes, so that might be worth a look when it comes to
this topic, too.
So there is research from the UX perspective and how it'd be able to edit
etc available.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Facilitating_the_use_of_Wikidata_in_Wikimedia_projects_with_a_user-centered_design_approach.pdf

On Wed, Aug 3, 2016 at 1:44 PM, Yuri Astrakhan <yastrak...@wikimedia.org>
wrote:

> Erika, would building a better wikidata UI help alleviate your concern?
> For example, it used to be that to add a link to the same article in
> another language, one had to edit raw wiki markup and add a weird language
> link. Now with wikidata it is by far more intuitive, with an edit button
> right next to the list, with an auto-complete and language selector. Could
> we try to build something similar for the infoboxes?
>
> On Aug 3, 2016 2:31 PM, "Brill Lyle" <wp.brilll...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Saw this posted on Twitter.
>>
>> https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Grants:Project/Putnik/Wikidata_module
>>
>> This proposal is my greatest fear with Wikidata. Depreciate Infoboxes to
>> Wikidata so casual Wikipedia editors can't edit on Wiki, are forced to use
>> Wikidata (comparable to existing Authority Control depreciation). Huge
>> barrier for Wikipedia end-users.
>>
>> Before I voice my concerns on this Grant page, I wondered if the end-user
>> issue has been discussed here -- and if this could be explained why it is
>> such a good idea? And what user issues have been and could be addressed
>> before the project is implemented.
>>
>> I understand something like this is part of Russian Wikipedia. How did
>> that community respond to this what I see as significant change?
>>
>> - Erika

Lucie-Aimée Kaffee
Working Student Software Development

Phone: +49 (0)30 219 158 26-0http://wikimedia.de

the sum of all knowledge.
That‘s our commitment.

unter der Nummer 23855 B.
Als gemeinnützig anerkannt durch das Finanzamt für Körperschaften I Berlin,
Steuernummer 27/029/42207.