The paper focuses, yet again on Visual Editor. And while I understand that
many editors prefer this, any implementation must service both the Visual
Editor users as well as the Wiki Markup users.

Again, major concerns. I guess unless I have more off-Wiki conversations
about this topic, I will move my concerns to the proposal page.

I believe in Wikidata and want to encourage usage -- and am trying to use
it more -- but unless you are running queries it's quite frankly a flipping
nightmare. I love the idea. Usability, not so much. And I know it is
improved and there are many smart people I admire involved in this project.
But the lack of buy-in by Wikipedia editors is happening for a reason.

Best,

- Erika

*Erika Herzog*
Wikipedia *User:BrillLyle <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:BrillLyle>*