Am 28.11.2016 um 17:34 schrieb gnosygnu:
>> The datatype is implicit, it can be derived from the property ID. You can
>> find
>> it by looking at the Property page's JSON.
>
> Thanks for all the info. I see my error. I didn't realize that
> mainsnak.datatype was inferred. I assumed it would have to be embedded
> directly in the XML's JSON  (partly because it is embedded directly in
> the JSON's dump JSON)
>
> The rest of your points make sense. Thanks again for taking the time to
> clarify.

If you have problems accessing the datatype from Lua or elsewhere, let me know.
There may be issues with the import process.

It's always cool to see that people use our data and our software!

--
Daniel Kinzler
Senior Software Developer

Wikimedia Deutschland
Gesellschaft zur Förderung Freien Wissens e.V.