>> Listeria makes auto-updating lists on pages, based on a SPARQL query.
>> The question is whether you have a common characteristic to catch all your
>> items, since eg Category is not it (no such prop on WD).
> I'm confused about the example that the category is not a property of
> Wikidata. Is it not a query-able property in SPARQL to generate this type of
> output?

Right: there’s no property Category.  See these discussions
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Archive/30#category
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Property_proposal/Archive/30#useful_for

> After creating the Wikidata item for Visual artists of the African diaspora,
> I started adding that category to artist Wikidata items –
> - as well as a Commons category if they had media.
> So if I run a SPARQL query using category it won't generate results?

Did you add it as “item’s main category”? That’s incorrect, since that’s
inverse of “category’s main item”,
and a category is supposed to have a single main item (e.g. page France vs
category France).

> I'm confused because the other suggestion was to tag items as of interest to
> Black Lunch Table. The category seems to be functioning in the same way, not
> very different.

How did you tag “of interest to”?

> One other question: is the task list on Listeria usable on Wikipedia pages,
> or does it need to live in Wikidata's area?

You can put it on any wiki page, eg a Wikidata discussion or project page.