Dear all, I asked myself a series of questions about the links between Wikidata and other knowledge/data bases, namely those of OCLC and DBpedia. For example:
- Why Wikidata has no property "Worldcat Identities <http://worldcat.org/identities/>" while the English edition of Wikipedia systematically mentions this identity (when it exists) in its section "Autorithy control" ? - Why do VIAF links to all editions of Wikipedia, but not (simply) to Wikidata ? - Why is there no link to DBpedia when the opposite is true ? These questions may seem very different from each other, but they ultimately concern a common subject and are all very basic. I suspect they had to be discussed somewhere, maybe at the dawn of Wikidata. However, I find nothing in the archives of this Newsletter, nor in the discussions on Wikidata. Could someone point me to some documentation on these issues ? Cheers, Ettore Rizza
_______________________________________________ Wikidata mailing list [email protected] https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/wikidata
