Thank you, Lucas, for the solution! It was very simple indeed, but, shame on me, I confess I did'nt know this fundamental property path.
All the best,

Bruno

Le 05/10/2020 à 21:36, Lucas Werkmeister a écrit :

I don’t understand the problem, the query shouldn’t need to get much more complicated… what kind of query did you have in mind? Here’s a simple one for all ancestors of Frodo Baggins <https://query.wikidata.org/#SELECT%20DISTINCT%20%3Fitem%20%3FitemLabel%20WHERE%20%7B%0A%20%20wd%3AQ177329%20%28wdt%3AP22%7Cwdt%3AP25%29%2a%20%3Fitem.%0A%20%20SERVICE%20wikibase%3Alabel%20%7B%20bd%3AserviceParam%20wikibase%3Alanguage%20%22%5BAUTO_LANGUAGE%5D%2Cen%22.%20%7D%0A%7D>:

SELECT DISTINCT ?item ?itemLabel WHERE {
  wd:Q177329 (wdt:P22|wdt:P25)* ?item.
  SERVICE wikibase:label { bd:serviceParam wikibase:language "[AUTO_LANGUAGE],en". }
}

Cheers,

Lucas