Hi Crystal, thanks for your message.

No, it is not in line with the Wikidata policies, but unfortunately we
can do only so much to counter this. Companies who do this kind of
actions on Wikipedia existed for a very long time now, it was only a
matter of time that this would happen on Wikidata too.

What you can do to help us is to mark for deletion such items whenever
you find one. You can go to
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Special:Preferences, click on the
"Gadget" tab and tick the gadget "RequestDeletion": this is a rather
simple way for you to notice us admins of potentially spammy items.
Then it will be on us to check if they can be deleted of course, but
at least we would be notified. :)

More generally, these kinds of companies never distracted us so much
from the real deal, which is to contribute constructively to the
project. We're aware of the risk, but it's not a reason to let
ourselves down. ;)

Thanks again!

L.