BEGIN:VCALENDAR
PRODID:-//Google Inc//Google Calendar 70.9054//EN
VERSION:2.0
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTART:20080111T083000Z
DTEND:20080111T093000Z
DTSTAMP:20080111T082108Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Leigh Blackall:MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
UID:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=
 TRUE;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:MAILTO:wikieducator@googlegroups.com
ATTENDEE;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED;RSVP=TRUE
 ;CN=Leigh Blackall;X-NUM-GUESTS=0:MAILTO:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
CLASS:PRIVATE
CREATED:20080111T082106Z
 r><br>like a red rag to a bull\, but I better check what you actually mean
 by that Eric? It sounds like "accept what you are given"\, is that what you
  mean?<br><br>I keep seeing new features added without anyone in this email
  list requesting them\, while there have been plenty of requests and sugges
 tions made to this email list and they seem to largely go ignored\, or get
 lost with obscure largely non progressive responses. I would even say defen
 sive - which is not a good sign at all!<br><br>Many of the features Wayne a
 nd you have introduced are pretty good though\, but it is a concern that th
 ey are introduced without any evident consultation with the "community" whi
 le the "community" requests seem to go by without even a trial! Yes\, I con
 sider myself in that community...<br><br>Brent is the only person who has r
 eplied to my concerns about the RSS problem. He has replied twice with prac
 tical suggestions. One was to contact the extension author and see if he ca
 n fix it. I did\, and no reply from the author. The next response from Bren
 t was for the administrator to update the RSS extension and see if that fix
 es the problem. This strikes me as a reasonably simple step (compared to LT
  and Kaltura efforts)\, but as yet the suggestion has had no response from
 an administrator\, but a surprise release of Kaltura did get announced... I
  think action on the RSS issue is over due.<br><br>I have pushed the RSS up
 date request to the point of nagging\, but no response or action from the a
 dministrator leads to second guessing!<br><br>I too hope this community (or
  I) do not begin second guessing WE\, as a hell of a lot has been invested
 in it this end. But I'm getting a strong sense of "take what you are given"
 \, and a centralised administration with an agenda that is neither document
 ed or discussed in this forum.<br><br>A working RSS is an essential feature
  in this day and age. At least as important as the primary features of the
 MediaWiki as it is out of the box. But I'm nagging again. I hate having to
 nag\, but some response that shows consideration made to the suggestions ma
 de by Brent would be great. Or perhaps administration powers shared for the
  purpose of fixing this problem. Or\, some constructive response!<br><br>So
 rry if it seems that I am escalating this\, its just that I am alarmed by y
 quote">On Jan 11\, 2008 2:56 PM\, Erik Moeller &lt\;[EMAIL PROTECTED]&gt\
 ; wrote:<br><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="border-left: 1px solid r
 gb(204\, 204\, 204)\; margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex\; padding-left: 1ex\;"><div
  class="Ih2E3d"><br>On 1/10/08\, Leigh Blackall &lt\;<a href="mailto:leighb
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</a>&gt\; wrote:<br>&gt\; It was
 clashing with Liquid Threads right? Given the enthusiasm for Kaltura<br>&gt
 \; and the underenthusiasm for LT\, perhaps we could have Kaltura back on\,
  is lining up with decisions<br>that have been made. I really hope WikEd wo
 n't develop a culture of<br>constant second-guessing - I've seen more than
 een with LQT (such as "&amp\;" in titles not<br>working) are general MW/Apa
 u are subscribed to the Google Groups "WikiEducator" group.<br>To post to t
 his group\, send email to <a href="mailto:wikieducator@googlegroups.com">wi
 [EMAIL PROTECTED]</a><br>To unsubscribe from this group\, send em
 ail to <a href="mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]">wikieduca
 group at <a href="http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator?hl=en"; target
 arnonline.wordpress.com\n\nView your event at http://www.google.com/calenda
 r/event?action=VIEW&ueid=1690l8thl4jomop8arlirnq8u4.
LAST-MODIFIED:20080111T082107Z
SEQUENCE:0
STATUS:CONFIRMED
SUMMARY: