Hi Erik ...

Have been doing a little thinking about the Tectonic Shift 2 concept.

It makes sense to have focused tracks -- one technical and one
educational.

I think that I should be able to put together an educational track for
Tectonic Shift 2 during our PCF5 conference in London in July. BTW --
we have an optional avenue  for folk to author their papers in WE:
http://wikieducator.org/PCF5. Given our growth over the last year --
we can warrant two separate tracks <smile>.

I really like the idea of a dedicated technical track as well, and it
would really be great if we could bring together some of the future WE
server admin team together with the MW gurus @ WMF. Thinking hard
here ... I could probably get some funding together to cover travel
and accommodation of the WE related team -- my limitation, as a
Commonwealth agency is that I would need to host the technical track
in a Commonwealth country. Preferably a location where I can optimise
travel costs.

Would it be possible for some of the WMF folk to travel? It would also
be good if we could bring some of the Connexions and Educommons
techies on board as well. If we can find a funding source -- perhaps a
PediaPress & Kaltura rep as well?

Are there any institutions in Commonwealth countries on the list who
would be able to host a MW code hackathon? Taking into account the
technical demands of  a few geeks coding the future of MW for
education?

COL head office in Vancouver is naturally available -- but not sure if
this is the optimal environment for a hackathon.

Any ideas or offers?