Hi Wayne,
I have been using a free tool called WiZiQ with its audio, video,
whiteboard, and content sharing features. I have installed it on my Moodle
sites. I can set up a meeting and act as the technical person who passes the
mic around.

When would be convenient for everyone?

Warm wishes,
Nellie

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Wayne Mackintosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>  Hi Nellie --
>
> Sure -- it would be great to have a live online session. I know Leigh down
> at Otago Poly has also offered help out with Web conferencing tools. So it
> would be great if we could share the live hosting around the world.
>
> I think there's a need for two types of conferencing
>
> 1. Smaller scheduled sessions where key folk from our community talk about
> what they're doing and
> 2. A BIG WikiEd Moot conference. I have a Moodle server running for WE,
> which we could use for structuring our first global conference. This will
> need a little planning and volunteers from around the world -- but given
> enough time I'm sure that we can have an exciting event.
>
> Thanks again for the offer -- I'm sure that the community will take you up
> on the gesture.
> What do you have in mind?
>
> Cheers
> Wayne
>
>
>
> On Thu, 2008-05-08 at 13:27 -0700, NELLIE DEUTSCH wrote:
>
> Wayne,
> Would you like me to set up a live online session?
>
> Nellie
>
>  On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 12:51 PM, Wayne Mackintosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> Couldn't agree more -- WE should definitely run an inaugural
> conference online.
>
> A few of the WE community builders have started up a page and are
> brainstorming ideas:
>
> http://wikieducator.org/Webconferences
>
>
> Yeah -- I think our community is big enough to put together a valuable
> conference experience from all corners of the Commonwealth and further
> afield.
>
> Lets fix a tentative date sometime in the future and starting working
> towards the event. I'll invite Sir John to keynote!
>
> Cheers
> Wayne
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> --
> Nellie Deutsch
> Doctoral Student of Education
> http://www.nelliemuller.com
> http://www.integrating-technology.com/pd
> http://www.building-relationship.com/education
> http://blendedlear.ning.com
>
>
> >
>


-- 
Nellie Deutsch
Doctoral Student of Education
http://www.nelliemuller.com
http://www.integrating-technology.com/pd
http://www.building-relationship.com/education
http://blendedlear.ning.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"WikiEducator" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/wikieducator?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to