I am thinking of an economic model where resources that don't require human
support - lecture tapes, class notes, problems and solutions, software - are
free, but there may be associated "human services" that are neither
mandatory, nor free. Isn't it like MIT, though? You can get all their
"stuff" online free, but services such as participatory learning with live
students and professors, or being graded on your tests, are not free (nor
easily accessible, for that matter - the "price of entry" is steep in time
and effort).

Do you know of more good (non-evil) examples of using this economic model?

--
Cheers,
MariaD

Make math your own, to make your own math.

http://www.naturalmath.com social math site
http://www.phenixsolutions.com empowering our innovations