Perhaps now would be a good time to set up a BYOD Bring Your Own
Device working group to address using mobile, personal and pocket
devices in open learning.

I'm looking into smartphones and tablets in education. I teach at a
community college and I am working with a K-8 science and technology
school, so that pretty much covers the education spectrum. I see kids
with these wonderful learning environments in their pockets at school
and everywhere they go. I want them used as much for learning as they
are for entertainment. Sooo much potential! Now if we can just figure
out how to make it happen...

There are plenty of challenges but that's what WE are good at!
WikiEducators are a very resourceful lot so collaboration on this
topic seems like a natural thing to do.

With over 650,000 apps out there finding the "good" ones is a big job.
Figuring out how best to use these devices to support learning is
really interesting and important.

Are you working on specific projects? Have you resources, lists,
information that you would be willing to share? Have you prepared
guides, tutorials for students and/or faculty? Have you thoughts,
ideas about pedagogy that we are going to need to think about?

Perhaps there is an opportunity to compare notes and/or pool
resources. I'm open to suggestions.

..Valerie