From: wikieducator@googlegroups.com [mailto:wikieducator@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Wayne Mackintosh
Sent: Monday, 13 April 2015 10:55 a.m.
To: WikiEducator
Subject: [WikiEducator] DS4OER mOOC goes live today

Hi everyone,

We're pleased to launch the prototype offering of the Digital Skills for
Collaborative OER Development <http://ds4oer.oeru.org/>  (DS4OER) course today.

The OERu envisions a world where all learners will have more affordable access
to higher education.

The DS4OER course was developed to build capacity in the design and development
of open online courses using OER. A key feature of this course is the ability
for any educator to host their own course site using the popular open source
WordPress content management system assembled from a collection of wiki pages
authored openly and collaboratively.

We are "eating our own dog
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eating_your_own_dog_food>  food". We developed
the course pages in WikiEducator. I am hosting the course site using WordPress
and my own domain using the free tier from OpenShift
<https://www.openshift.com/products/pricing>  (Red Hat linux's public cloud
application.)

We acknowledge the funding support of the New Zealand National Commission for
UNESCO which has supported the development of the course materials and the open
source technologies we are using to enable educators around the world to widen
access to open online courses using OER.

If you wan't to learn how to do this, come join us at: http://ds4oer.oeru.org
or pop in to say hi on the aggregated course
<http://ds4oer.oeru.org/interactions/course-feed/>  feed.  You can post using
the #DS4OER tag.

As a prototype, we apologise in advance for any teething problems but hope that
your feedback will help us to improve.

We are widening options for educators around the world to create and host their
own open online courses using open source software.

Wayne Mackintosh
Director OER Foundation
UNESCO/COL/ICDE Chair in OER

Skype: WGMNZ1