This is of course true too.  People don't think video game composers deserve
to have articles; so they argue for non-notability.

Whether this should be the case is another story.  I consider this to be
an abuse of the rules.

----
That's an example of a fairly common human prejudice against new creative
genres.  Novels were held in light esteem while Henry Fielding and Jane
Austen were writing them--light entertainment for adolescent girls.  It
wasn't really until Thackeray that the genre became respectable reading for
serious adults.  When motion pictures were new they were mostly regarded as
light entertainment for working class audiences.  Partly as a result, nearly
90% of the films from the silent era weren't curated and have been lost
forever.
Of course 90% of every genre is crap and the Pac-Man theme will probably
torment me for the next three hours.  But Austen was nearly forgotten for
fifty years after her death--I wonder what critics of the next generation
will say about the theme music from Morrowind.
-Durova
--
http://durova.blogspot.com/