On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 10:08 AM, David Gerard <dger...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 May 2010 00:12, Carcharoth <carcharot...@googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Can you explain why Wikipedia and Wikimedia tends to avoid having
>> explicit guidelines on such matters?
>

> It's a gross NPOV violation.

I don't see it, David. An NPOV violation would be something like a
rule against articles on sexual practices discussing whether or not
they appear in the bible, or something. I don't really see how the
absence of graphic images changes the neutrality of the content
otherwise.

Fwiw, I've long thought the presence of graphic sexual pictures on
Commons, and certainly in Wikipedia, does more harm than good, because
it means the site "can't be trusted" in the eyes of librarians,
teachers, etc etc.

Steve