On 12/05/2010, AGK <wiki...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 11 May 2010 22:43, Steve Bennett <stevag...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I've long thought the presence of graphic sexual pictures on
>> Commons, and certainly in Wikipedia, does more harm than good, because
>> it means the site "can't be trusted" in the eyes of librarians,
>> teachers, etc etc.
>
> Long-term, we're aiming to compile all knowledge into one
> freely-accessible location. We shouldn't infringe on that mission,
> even if we displease some easily-upset persons along the way.

According to the Guardian, the easily-upset people could perhaps
include some of the sponsors of the Wikipedia, and Fox newspaper has
been deliberately seeking them out, and trying to persuade them not to
donate any more money:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/may/10/ipad-apple

--
-Ian Woollard